Overcoming Disappoi...

Notifications
Clear all

Overcoming Disappointments and Failures

Page 3 / 3

Andrew Holland
(@andrew-holland)
Trusted Member

I think about that most of the time, @daksh-singh. Usually, when we make goals, we make the mistake of making them long term and not the other way around. We need to make small goals so we consistent and constantly motivated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 9:38 am
Helen Thompson
(@helen-thompson)
Trusted Member

One thing that I have been faced with for the last few years is disappointments. Disappointments that are not caused externally, but internally. I auto-generate fears and disappointments to the point where I believe they are real! Yes, that is my shield and safe space that subconsciously creates a bubble around prospective disappointments; I am working through this!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 11:11 am
Helen Thompson
(@helen-thompson)
Trusted Member

@andrew-holland yeah! It might be the smallest thing; cleaning your room for example. But that one little goal clears your mind and propels you forward!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 11:13 am
Helen Thompson
(@helen-thompson)
Trusted Member

I have, for the longest time, been afraid of failure. I mean, who is not? Humans are born with a need to survive to be the fittest! But what I have come to realize is, if I am even a little content today, even if I am a little more mature today, it is because of my earlier failures, those mistakes I had once detested. But today, I am grateful for the "follies" because it has helped me gain that confidence!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2020 11:15 am
Andrew Holland
(@andrew-holland)
Trusted Member

@helen-thompson, exactly! People should be not be afraid of failure but rather they should learn to embrace it and see what it really holds!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2020 8:42 am
Andrew Holland
(@andrew-holland)
Trusted Member

No one is perfect, and I think that is something that should motivate everyone to work. What say?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2020 9:23 am
Daksh Singh
(@daksh-singh)
Trusted Member

That is so right, @andrew-holland. No one is perfect and no one ever will be. We all have our flaws and that is what makes us human. But even after all these flaws, we still come out highly successful just because we never give up on ourselves.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2020 9:26 am
Chandani Patel
(@chandani-patel)

@andrew-holland what happens when a person is an extreme perfectionist? When they fail to achieve satisfaction even after completing a task at hand because it just wasn't "perfect enough", what does a person do then? How do they deal with not being able to meet their own standards?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2020 10:39 pm
pekala sampathi
(@pekala-sampathi)
Posted by: @mtse1

There are times that we have felt let down or felt rejected at work. How have you overcome this feeling and move into a more useful state of mind?

rejection is common at every facet of life and every person in the entire globe faces rejection at any point in time. 

initially, it would be hard for a person to face rejection but later evaluating and introspecting calmly will definitely build strength and make a person ready to face any sort no matter how big or small the rejection is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2020 3:56 pm
pekala sampathi
(@pekala-sampathi)
Posted by: @mtse1

There are times that we have felt let down or felt rejected at work. How have you overcome this feeling and move into a more useful state of mind?

rejection is common at every facet of life and every person in the entire globe faces rejection at any point in time. 

initially, it would be hard for a person to face rejection but later evaluating and introspecting calmly will definitely build strength and make a person ready to face any sort no matter how big or small the rejection is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2020 3:58 pm
saumya13
(@saumya13)

Well !! As what I believe , disappoinments and failures are at every stage of life, whether you're a student or a professional everyone fails at something and as you ascend your steps onto your career ladder there will always be a failure exists to pull you back. Though cope up with the situation and accept it is what all matters. Step out of your comfort zone, try new stuff , come up with new strategies and ace next time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2020 5:12 pm
Mallica
(@mallica)

@nitika-krishna i try to move past the situation by not thinking much over it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2020 2:48 pm
Keyur Shinde
(@keyur-shinde)

@nitika-krishna well focussing on thoughts that waste my time has always been an avoidance, life is about moving on from negative thoughts to Execute the positive ones.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/08/2020 3:43 pm
MTSE1
(@mtse1)
Member Moderator

During this Pandemic, have there been setbacks that you have overcome? If YES, do share...it can inspire many! If NO, you still can have a word to share...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/03/2021 11:47 am
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Chat now!
Here to help!
Welcome!
Hi! I'd like some help selecting a program!

Sure, click on Chat now! and lets get started.