Overcoming Disappoi...

Notifications
Clear all

Overcoming Disappointments and Failures

Page 1 / 3

MTSE1
(@mtse1)
Member Moderator

There are times that we have felt let down or felt rejected at work. How have you overcome this feeling and move into a more useful state of mind?

Topic starter Posted : 23/06/2020 7:45 pm
Nitika Krishna
(@nitika-krishna)
Trusted Member

Absolutely! This feeling is common for everyone at some point of time. Rather than dwelling in that moment of rejection, it is important to snap out of it which I try my best to do! What do you all do??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2020 8:04 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

A very common feeling as coomon as rejection is...initiaaly, there is a mixture of sadness and anger. But, if we treat rejection as feedback and not a failure, then the whole thing changes form. There is a clear understanding of what is expected, what I have been able to deliver, what more is to be done. In short, the gaps are clear and what needs to fill it becomes apparent. So, it is easy to mope and throw my weight around and blame the external...but if i look within, there's a lot of learning and a change in the way I look at rejection as a feedback makes me go into a learning space.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2020 8:47 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

@nitika-krishna

Look within, take stock, evaluate and change...

Hope this helps 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2020 8:48 pm
Keyur Shinde
(@keyur-shinde)

Not in any organization, but in college when I was a part of a fest organizing forum I was the head of the PR department and was constantly suggesting ideas and anchoring scripts, etc (which caused few fests to become big hits) due to constant flow of ideas and suggestions from me, they had started to be taken for granted. When I realised this I completely stopped providing inputs and it so happened that my co-forum members in the end came back to implementing my ideas only.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2020 9:01 pm
Bob M
(@bob-m)
Eminent Member

On the rejection, I never get disappointed or resentful cos it helps me to find my strength and core skill. Today I am feeling thankful for all those rejections as this transforms me today more happy and successful person in life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/06/2020 9:07 pm
Navina
(@navina)
Posted by: @mtse1

There are times that we have felt let down or felt rejected at work. How have you overcome this feeling and move into a more useful state of mind?

Feeling let down or rejected at work creates anger, disappointment, makes you feel depressed,demotivated and impacts your self confidence.

First step to overcome any feeling is to accept that, allow yourself to go through all the emotions...But then do not get drowned in it...At times I cry..Then I gather myself and first try to engage myself in something else, get back to my routine stuff, do cleaning, cooking etc where not much of mind is involved ..This helps to release my pent up emotions.. Then I do self talk, introspection and see some positivity in it..It's because every situation helps to learn- I think why did I face rejection, there must be something within and try to work on it, improve myself. Also with every such situation I learn to manage my emotions..So when I do all the above I definitely move into a more useful state of mind.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/06/2020 2:32 pm
chris thomas
(@chris-thomas)

Honestly I've never experienced that, so I can't say anything as such,

But I would love to tell people that when it comes to workplace... stay to your work and help your colleagues

And when it comes to personal life handle it personally... haha.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2020 9:05 pm
Helen Thompson
(@helen-thompson)
Trusted Member

@keyur-shinde Failures and Disappointments are universal aren't they? But our attitudes can define how much we let failures and disappointments get to us! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2020 3:09 pm
Andrew Holland
(@andrew-holland)
Trusted Member

I actually agree here with @chris-thomas. There's a difference between a personal and professional space. It's a fine line that one should not cross. Of course, at some times emotions can't be controlled but that does not give an excuse to let that affect our professional workspace.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/07/2020 3:25 pm
Helen Thompson
(@helen-thompson)
Trusted Member

@andrew-holland Emotions can be our greatest strength and our greatest weakness!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2020 3:20 pm
Daksh Singh
(@daksh-singh)
Trusted Member

@helen-thompson, I absolutely agree. But if we can control our emotions in certain places, then I believe we should. You know, just to be a little professional maybe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2020 3:33 pm
Helen Thompson
(@helen-thompson)
Trusted Member

@daksh-singh Of course. In the professional realm, things are different. But otherwise, emotions are what create. Logic must be used for the short run, and emotion for the long run. What do you think, lovely community?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2020 3:15 pm
Nitika Krishna
(@nitika-krishna)
Trusted Member

@helen-thompson Absolutely Helen! Although emotions are beautiful, they must be a strength, not a weakness! Learning how to wield emotions is the key to inner peace and overcoming failures and disappointments!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2020 3:22 pm
Helen Thompson
(@helen-thompson)
Trusted Member

@bob-m Rejection might dishearten most. But turning rejection into an opportunity to improve is the best strength for one to have!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2020 3:10 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Chat now!
Here to help!
Welcome!
Hi! I'd like some help selecting a program!

Sure, click on Chat now! and lets get started.