Hit Enter to search or Esc key to close
Notifications
Clear all

Melange of Cultures

Page 1 / 4

MTSE1
(@mtse1)
Member Moderator

What is the purpose of 'Culture' according to you? 

This topic was modified 11 months ago by MTSE1
Topic starter Posted : 20/05/2020 6:25 pm
Bob M
(@bob-m)
Eminent Member

I feel the purpose of the culture is to share the our social values, lifestyle, understandings, knowledge, belief, assumptions, goals that are learned from earlier generations and passed on to succeeding generations. It's a special purpose tool/system devised for maintaining the rich culture and evolving with generations for better human beings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2020 3:33 pm
MTSE2
(@mtse2)
Member Moderator

Our culture is our identity from where we belong to.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2020 4:37 pm
Regina
(@reg)

@mtse2

Culture also gives us a sense of belonging as we can associate with something common, something similar and hence a part of something that can bond the human race...

akrish

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2020 8:21 pm
Regina
(@reg)

@bob-m

I like the depth of thought here...Common intent can eveolve by just being part of culture but only if that culture promotes self-growth and freedom of being!

akrish

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2020 8:23 pm
Bob M
(@bob-m)
Eminent Member

@reg

Yeah, Regina you said very beautifully, in fact very strange our culture is part of something that can bond the human race and yet make us free to be evolved.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2020 8:12 pm
Regina
(@reg)

@bob-m

Thanks Bob for that acknowledgement...there's so much to learn from each culture across the world so that we could all bond through all that diversity too! All for One and One for All 🙂

akrish

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/05/2020 8:48 pm
Bob M
(@bob-m)
Eminent Member

Culture brings the peoples together for a common purpose. Some time for the same cause in different cultures they will have different traditions. As I learned, it is a very strange but so humble purpose to bring good luck. The Danes have a unique culture of doing so. During the year, people save all short of broken dishes, plates, cups, or bowls until New Year’s Eve. On the New Year, they throw the broken dishware at the homes of friends and family as a way to wish them good luck for the new year.

Is it not so amazing?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 9:46 pm
Regina
(@reg)

@bob-m

Oh that is so unique...it's so beautiful that you shared this..Once we learn to apperciate the diversity of cultures within our own land or outside, we become rich in our perceptions to an extent of easy acceptance and beyond...

akrish

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 8:18 pm
Nitika Krishna
(@nitika-krishna)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @mtse1

What is the purpose of 'Culture' according to you? 

Mélange of Cultures? Oh, India it is! It is truly mind boggling to be in the midst of all that color, diversity and linguistic charm that each region surprises one with! The food, the people, the archaic wonders; everything in India sings mysticism! Culture to most is just commonality, but to me, culture is a mélange of a variety of foods, clothing, people, art, and most importantly, experiences. Now that, is what a mélange culture feels like...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/05/2020 8:44 pm
MTSE1
(@mtse1)
Member Moderator

@nitika-krishna

Oh yes, I hear you...

The beauty in diversity simply leaves us simply spell bound, isn't it? 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2020 5:53 pm
Nitika Krishna
(@nitika-krishna)
Trusted Member

@mtse1 It truly is! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2020 6:41 pm
MTSE1
(@mtse1)
Member Moderator

@nitika-krishna

Truth be told; always 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/06/2020 2:32 pm
rutuja
(@rutuja)

Culture defines every human being. Knowledge is the vast ocean where it is not possible for a human being in one life to engulf the whole of the ocean. Culture is a kind of tributary of that ocean of knowledge which helps human beings to understand his share of meant knowledge with the help of which he/she could successfully afloat in his boat of life.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/06/2020 11:46 pm
Helen Thompson
(@helen-thompson)
Trusted Member

@bob-m Culture is a continuous Human Evolution!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2020 4:59 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share:
Chat now!
Here to help!
Welcome!
Hi! I'd like some help selecting a program!

Sure, click on Chat now! and lets get started.